- Time: 10 hours
- The legal issues involved in setting up and running a business can be complex and confusing, especially when some of the terms used don’t seem to have clear meanings. This unit from the College of Law gives a basic introduction to the legal concepts of companies, partnerships, assets and liabilities.
After studying this unit you should be able to:
- Part A:
- describe in general terms what a business is;
- demonstrate an appreciation of the concept of capital.
- Part B:
- identify the main types of business medium;
- demonstrate an understanding of the key characteristics of businesses run as sole traders;
- demonstrate an understanding of the key characteristics of businesses run in partnership;
- identify in broad terms where the risks of business failure lie;
- determine what are the assets and liabilities of a business using numeracy skills.
Get started here