Your success at branding your business will without a doubt improve your chances of success in general, and if done well, increase the pace of your success by significant strides. This is true for both online and off line businesses, and so any plan that you devise for marketing and promotion of your business should very specifically include a branding plan.
Proper branding of your business require a number of basic elements and when starting your business it would serve you well to consider at least the following aspects of branding:
The name of your business is likely the single most important aspect of branding your business, as this is the identity that you will become known as. Thus choosing a name is something you should spend some time on.
Here are some of the things to consider when choosing your name:
- Keep it short, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
- Be careful of branding your business as a product, since it makes future expansion into other products challenging.
- If possible, attempt to create something that is somewhat descriptive of what you do, though notably this should be the last consideration. Also note that though some of the registration authorities tend to frown on non descriptive names, there are many examples of brands that do not actually describe the products they sell, even though they have become synonymous with their product lines.
- The internet has become a very important aspect of the development and branding of any business and so it would prove of significant value if you are able to secure your business name as a domain name. So make sure it is available, and procure it as soon as possible, even if you are not ready to set up online.
Since this is also an important aspect of your business branding, it should be treated as something that could add value to branding your business. Notably the design and use of a logo, as part of your business development campaigns, will most significantly impact the value of this aspect. Personally I prefer having a logo that has value towards enhancing my branding efforts, so when considering my logo I like to consider the following aspects:
- Keep in simple. Though intricate and beautifully designed logos are nice to have, they are hard to remember, and so have less value as a branding tool.
- Include your company name as part of your logo (if possible). It will enhance both your name branding efforts as well as make your logo more identifiable.
- Again product specific logos need to be treated with some care, and a decision needs to be made as to whether your company is just a single product or service, or whether you intend to expand your business beyond that.
Remember that this is something you should be proud to put on every document or item that leaves your office.
Having a slogan that explains what you are about is often very valuable for developing your brand, especially when this is connected to the name and logo of your company. Attaching this to a name, further aids in making your name (and your company) more memorable to potential customers.
A further point of consideration is that slogans can be used to focus on some key points of your sales pitch and so remember that though these are important, they are not set in stone, and you are able to develop and change your slogans, as your business demands.
There are several other ways to enhance business branding, and though they have not been included here, there is one rule that will serve you well to follow. Remember that branding is about creating memories and is achieved through communication. So consider every communication you have with the outside world, a part of your branding campaign, from how you answer your phone to the large scale marketing campaigns to promote your business.
I wish you all the best with your ventures, and invite you to share your stories and experiences here.
Pieter Heydenrych is the President of NetMecca, an online Multilevel Network Marketing company, dedicated to the creation of various income streams, including passive income streams for it’s members. For more details go to: http://www.netmecca.net
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7728671